Life is spinning at a good 60mph right now, but I wanted to be sure to send an update. Amongst about a million other things, I’m in preparation for our second annual Christmas service at church. I’ve been cast again as Balthazar, a wise man – the role I played last year in the production. This year preparations started a little earlier so I’ve had more time to receive direction and coaching. Stacy, one of the volunteers at church has been really taking me to new depths in understanding acting and getting into the character and telling the story. As many of you know I’m a pretty animated person already. And while I did a decent job with my role last year, it’s going to be much more dimensional this year. What really touched me about this whole process is Stacy’s passion in how she’s directing me. We spent hours yesterday working through the script, acting out various senarios, daydreaming about what the life of this Character was like. All of that is to be expected, but there was something about the heart of what she was doing that blessed me as this is her reasonable service to God (Rom. 12:2). She was using her passion to bless God and serve his people. That touched me and I hope to touch others with the same kind of passion when I get up on stage this year.
- My Video Testimonial: Darren Calhoun on #BornPerfect
- Getting back to wholeness: Darren Calhoun’s Podcast interview with Mockingbirds and Mariners
- These Bodies: Lenora Rand and Darren Calhoun on the Profane Faith Podcast
- Tear Down The Walls – New Music from The Many
- “How I Survived Ex-Gay Conversion Therapy” | Colorlines Editorial